As a country which has made the transition from a development aid recipient country to a donor country, as well as like other EU member states, Croatia adopted the EU support plan for the achievement of the MDGs. Moreover, Croatia has assumed a more active approach in donating development aid, since signing Millennium Declaration which, among other things, stresses the importance of international cooperation and global partnership for the successful fulfilment of the Millennium agenda as a whole.
The Millennium Development Goals Eight Goals for 2015
- 1 Eradicate extreme hunger and poverty
- 2 Achieve universal primary education
- 3 Promote gender equality and empower women
- 4 Reduce child mortality
Progress on the MDGs
Global progress (Secretary General's Reports):
- A life of dignity for all: accelerating progress towards the Millennium Development Goals and advancing the United Nations development agenda beyond 2015 (26 July 2013)
- Accelerating progress towards the MDGs: Options for sustained and inclusive growth and issues for advancing the UN development agenda beyond 2015 (6 August 2012)
A new global partnership:
Latest MDG Reports
View more reports
The Republic of Croatia issued its first Progress Report on the Achievement of the nationalized Millennium Development Goals in October 2006.