Living Life without Violence campaign wins EU prize
VILNIUS (Lithuania), 13 December 2013 – Croatia's Living Life without Violence campaign on 13 December 2013 won the European Crime Prevention Award for best primary prevention project in the European Union in 2013. The award was presented in Vilnius, Lithuania, and the Croatian project was chosen as the best among 18 entries. Living Life without Violence is a joint program of the Croatian Interior Ministry, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and the Science, Education and Sports Ministry. It is aimed at preventing violence against women, domestic violence and youth violence, and building a culture of non-violence, primarily among young people.
The public campaign Living Life without Violence was launched on 25 November 2010 to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. The goal of the prevention activities was to raise public awareness on the issue of violence and to encourage citizens, especially victims, to report domestic violence.
The project has since expanded to focused on the prevention of other forms of violence – predominantly domestic violence, but also peer violence – and is targeted at children and young teenagers between the ages of 13 and 14.
Many public figures have showed their support for this campaign, including the Croatian President Ivo Josipović; artists Zijah Sokolović, an actor and director who was named UNDP Goodwill Ambassador for tolerance and nonviolence; musicians Matija Dedić and Apokalipso band, famous athletes, singers, journalists.
This campaign includes three components: interactive workshops at schools; conceptual art programmes including Zijah Sokolović’s play “Violence, There Is No Excuse for Violence”; and interactive youth debates at police premises. Almost 60,000 students have participated so far in 1,500 lectures held in 500 public schools. The campaign’s activities are also regularly presented through the Living Life without Violence Facebook page, which has received almost 5,000 likes.
Through these three interrelated components, children acquire knowledge on the causes and consequences of violence, as well as the necessary steps which need to be taken when violence occurs, and are encouraged to choose the proper reactions to negative incidents, to create their connection with individuals, friends and the entire environment, by means of a personal nonviolent engagement.
As this is the stage of youth development when their identity is becoming fully formed, a positive attitude in society and a constructive approach to solving violence issues are instilled. The police are involved in every aspect of the project, in collaboration with UNDP, civil society organizations, artists and the local community, in order to create a safer environment and a community that cares.
- 19 Apr 2016:Roundtable and Workshop: Green Energy in the Ownership of Citizens, Green Cooperatives and Local Community
- 17 Mar 2016:STORY: Coming From Behind of the Wall of Silence - Delivering Rights for Victims of Sexual Violence in War
- 12 Mar 2016:Energy advisors ready to implement first energy visits
Facebook Living Life without Violence
- Ne živim život bez nasilja. Zatočeni smo na silu u jednoj kući i ne možemo izlaziti. U Hrvatskoj kršeno je pravo i policija želi dolaziti samo u slučaju kad nas gazda na pola ubije.Prema zakonu o najmu stana, najmodavac je dužan iseljenje tražiti pred sudom i to podnošenjem tužbe što nije učinjeno več se prijeti da će nas prisilom izbaciti na ulicu.To je protivno zakonskim odredbama ali službenici policijske uprave kažu ,da mogu doći samo za remetenje javnog reda i mira ili kod nasilja što je ovdje u RH pištolj u glavi ili nož.Kako da se branim protiv najmodavca, koji prijeti silom a ja sam žena sa bolestnim sinom na rubu sloma.Najmodavavac je promjenio bravu u ulaznim vratima , nemam ključ i kad mi on otvori vrata više ne mogu natrag u stan.Želi zapljeniti moj namještaj jer u Splitu će biti ULTRA a tako bi on dobio više novca od turista nego od normalne najamnine. Zatočena sam u kuči,isključil i vodu,sin ne može u bolnicu po injekciju koja mu je terapija i nemamo niti kruh u stanu. Kamo da se obratim ako policija neće stvar rješiti.Pomozite molim. 07 May AT 03:53 PM
- Živim život bez nasilja U Omišlju na otoku Krku, 22. travnja 2016. provedene su preventivno-edukativne aktivnosti u zajedničkom Projektu Ministarstva unutarnjih poslova i Ministrastva znanosti, obrazovanja i sporta te partnera. Više o događanju pogledajte na linku: http://www.primorska.policija.hr/MainPu.aspx?id=235167 25 April AT 01:39 PM
- "See more posts on"Facebook Living Life without Violence